Good news! Help is on the way!
To support early learning/childcare providers during the COVID-19 state of emergency, Early Learning Coalitions have been given the authority to award mini-grants to be used by providers for the following purposes:
- Purchase of supplies that help meet health and safety needs related to COVID-19 -- $1,000
- Payment of infrastructure/operating costs -- $1,000
- Professional Development Stipends for early learning practitioners -- $750/staff *See additional details below
To be eligible for COVID-19 Emergency Mini-grants, providers must complete the ELC Palm Beach Provider Mini-Grant Application (and ELC Palm Beach Provider Mini-Grant-Professional Development Staff Member Eligibility Form for Professional Development Stipends).
Basic criteria for eligibility include:
- Have a current School Readiness or Voluntary Prekindergarten contract
- Be open for business OR working to re-open no later than 10 calendar days after the date of application (does not apply to professional development stipends)
- The provider does not have a pending/open contract-related corrective action plan/probation in effect (does not include VPK readiness rate improvement plans or Quality improvement plans).
Professional Development Stipends – All staff for providers, regardless of whether currently open or closed or planning to open, may be eligible for these stipends. Sponsored staff are eligible for 10 stipends, of $75 each for qualifying training sessions. Only sessions, per the attached Early Childhood Online Professional Development May 2020 list, qualify for the stipend. Training must be completed between March 1, 2020, to June 30, 2020. Certificates MUST be provided. Staff and Providers MUST complete the ELC Palm Beach Provider Mini-Grant – Professional Development Staff Member Eligibility Form for each individual staff. Upon completion, all payments will be made to the provider, to remit to the staff.
All providers are encouraged to apply. Providers meeting the basic eligibility criteria can request all 3 mini-grants in one application and are able to receive the maximum for all 3 types. Release of mini-grant funds will occur as soon as possible after applications are received, but no later than 30 days after the application approval.
ELC Palm Beach Provider Mini-Grant Applications are due NO later than JUNE 19, 2020.
Professional Development Staff member eligibility forms and certificates can be submitted until June 30, 2020.
If you have further questions about these opportunities, please reach out to the Provider Services Team at 561-214-8000.
Send mail completed applications:
- Via Mail to -
Early Learning Coalition of PBC (Attn: Felix Bourdier)
2300 High Ridge Road, Suite 115, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- Via E-Mail to - Felix.Bourdier@elcpalmbeach.org
It is our hope that every contracted provider will apply for all three of these mini-grants. We look forward to facilitating these grants and providing these resources for you, your business, and your teachers.