Watch Me! Celebrating Milestones and Sharing Concerns. Parents’ session – Two sessions / 1 hour each online workshop
As a parent, you play a critical role in the health and well-being of children. It is also very well positioned to help identify children who may need additional help in their development. This FREE online training course, Watch Me! Celebrating milestones and sharing concerns helps you fulfill this role by providing tools and best practices to monitor the development of the children in your care.
2-module course focuses on:
• Why monitoring children’s development is important
• Why you have a unique and important role in developmental monitoring
• How to easily monitor each child’s developmental milestones
• How to talk about their child’s development
Learning objectives for the training include:
• List three developmental concerns that early care and education providers should monitor.
• Identify at least three developmental milestones for class’s age group.
• Describe how to use “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” resources in early care and education work with children and parents.
• Describe two communication strategies to use when discussing your child's development.
Ref: Center for Disease Control and Prevention - CDC
HOW TO JOIN
We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you join our Virtual Training via computer for the best interactive experience by clicking on the link below. You can join a Teams meeting anytime, from any device, whether you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join.
1. Go to the meeting invite and select the meeting link
2. That will open a web page, where you'll see two choices: CHOOSE "JOIN ON THE WEB"
3. Enter FULL NAME where it says, Guest
4. ALLOW mic and camera when asked
5. Select JOIN NOW
If you do not have access to a laptop and opt to join via a Smart Phone, please download the Microsoft TEAMS app from your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and Join as a Guest.
View Microsoft TEAMS How to Join Tutorial: https://youtu.be/BH6bSIwR0-4
If you require Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations to participate in any ELCPBC event or activity, please notify Christie Young, Single Point of Contact, by phone at 561-214-7424 or by email at email@example.com within at least seven (7) days of the event. Accommodation will be provided at no extra charge.