First Responders and Health Care Worker Child Care RENEWALS
The Office of Early Learning along with local Early Learning Coalitions has provided child care and early learning services to more than 20,000 children of first responders and health care workers to help support Florida’s response to COVID-19.
Below is important information for families
seeking to re-enroll their children in this program.
- First responders and essential health care worker families receiving services prior to July 31, 2020, may continue to receive services upon employer referral renewal for up to 12 months.
- New referrals must be completed, signed by the employer and uploaded to the existing Family Portal Account.
- Parent copayments will be assessed based on income, but continue to be waived for the duration of the referral.
- If a referral is not renewed, the originally assessed parent copayment may be reinstated once the referral authorization date expires.
- If a referral is not renewed and the family’s income is less than 85% of the State Median Income (SMI), the family will have three months to re-establish eligibility to continue to receive child care services.
- Families with higher incomes will no longer be able to participate as the state focuses on serving those families with the highest need.
|Click Here For Instructions|
Please click the above links for more information, or review our official press release below