Florida's Assessment of Student Thinking (FAST) using Star Early Literacy Login Information
The Coordinated Screening and Progress Monitoring Program is the statewide standardized program known as Florida's Assessment of Student Thinking (FAST) using Star Early Literacy implemented in all Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) programs as required by s. 1002.68, F.S. FAST using Star Early Literacy will be used to assess student achievement of the performance standards established in s. 1002.67(1)(a), F.S., in early literacy and mathematics. Beginning in the 2022-2023 VPK Program Year, all VPK Programs will implement Florida’s Assessment of Student Thinking (FAST) using Star Early Literacy.
You can read more about these changes in the May 20, 2022 Memo here and at http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/vpk/fast.
Who is required to administer the assessment to students? A person who has been approved by the coalition as a test administrator by completing the training requirements established by the Division of Early Learning’s program requirements. Training registration information is available for administrators and teachers at: http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/vpk/fast
Who will the assessment be administered to? The Star Early Literacy Assessment will be administered to all VPK Program students enrolled with valid certificates of eligibility.
Administration Deadlines for Florida’s Assessment of Student Thinking
VPK Program Administrators are required to set their screening window dates for PM1, PM2, and PM3 using the Editing School Screening Window instructions.
VPK Administrator Login Information
- Administrator username: (sch)+(your VPK Provider ID)
- Use the letters sch, not the name of your center/school.
- Password: vpk (lowercase)
- Administrators may customize the password after the first login.
VPK Instructor Login Information
Administrators can view the teacher login information once you login to your VPK
Renaissance™ testing site:
- On the Home page, select the user account in the upper-right corner. Select Manage Apps & Users, in the drop-down list.
- Select Users.
- With “Personnel” selected, select search all personnel and click Search.
- The teacher username starts with a lowercase t. Example (t12345)
- The teacher password is: vpk (lowercase)
Note: Instructors may customize the password after the first login