Congratulations! You have a student who is headed to kindergarten. Starting elementary school is an exciting time for you and your child, but it can also be filled with big emotions and concerns. Transitioning from an early learning center or preschool to an elementary school is a big change. Parents play an important role in making this a smooth transition. The ultimate goal is a happy, healthy, and thriving Kindergartener.
Over the next few weeks, we would like to share information with you so that you may continue to help your little one become ready for Kindergarten in August.
This summer, we will share weekly emails with you. These emails will contain valuable resources and information for you; including:
- How to register for kindergarten?
- Tips to prevent the "summer slide" - where children sometimes forget some of the important skills learned in VPK that are necessary for kindergarten.
- Activities to do with your child to continue learning over the summer
- Why is this transition so important
- Four connections that are key to successful kindergarten transitions
- And so much more.
We hope you will join us on this journey to a successful transition to kindergarten.