VPK Parent Information & Resources:
Congratulations to all the recent Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Graduates!
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the educational growth of your child...
We know that the first five years of a child's life has a huge impact on their success in school and in life. It has been a pleasure working together as partners to make a difference in the social, academic, and emotional development of your child.
The 'Transition-To-Kindergarten' can be exciting and challenging at the same time. We want you to know that we are here to assist you in this transition. We can help you learn more about what to do and how to do it. Please click here (or on the flyer to the right) to find our more about our upcoming Parent-Child Activities "Summer Learning" Series and Parent Cafes about the Transition-to-Kindergarten!
Please feel free to contact us at 561-514-3300. Together, we can make this transition a great success.
'Transition-To-Kindergarten' To-Do List:
- Contact us to discuss after-school options for your child, by phone at 561-514-3300.
- If you currently participate in one of our subsidized child care programs, you will need to submit a “Provider Transfer Form” at least 7-10 days prior to the start of school. The “Provider Transfer Form” can be found on our Parents' Documents/Form page here.
- Be sure to check your child’s immunization and shot records to ensure they have all requirements according to their age. Schedule an appointment with your pediatrician early to ensure your child can start Kindergarten on time!
- Identify the school that your child will be attending in the fall. For assistance in choosing a school and/or to discuss your after-school options, please contact us at 561-514-3300.
- Register your child for Kindergarten as early as possible, prior to the first day of school. School start dates vary, so be sure to contact your child’s school for more specific details.
- To help prepare your child, read books to them about starting school. Visit your local library for books and other activities (check out our Summer Learning page for more information).
- Consider your transportation options to and from school.
Other "Transition-To-Kindergarten" Resources & Useful Links: