CHILD CARE RESOURCE & REFERRAL (CCR&R)
Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) serves as the "front door" to all services offered by ELCPBC. In accordance with state and federal regulations, we help individuals requesting assistance with locating child care and provide them with information, consumer education and community resources that will help them make informed decisions regarding child care.
For parents looking for child care in Palm Beach County, the Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County (ELCPBC) offers free, unbiased, personalized information on child care programs and providers in the area.
- A customized search for child care based on criteria you select such as location, schedule, curriculum, environment, special needs, and more
- Information on rates, fees, hours, and credentials of providers
- Information regarding financial assistance for child care programs
- Educational materials and support for parents with questions on early childhood development
- Tips on identifying quality child care
- Referrals to other community resources
Customized, confidential child care search results may be requested by calling us at (561) 514-3300, or by visiting our office.
If you are looking for financial assistance for child care, please visit the link to our School Readiness program.
GENERAL TIPS FOR EVALUATING CHILD CARE PROGRAMS
The overall elements of child care that are identified as critical to the well-being of children include the following:
- Health, safety, and good hygiene.
- Good nutrition.
- A well-maintained environment set up for children.
- An adequate number of staff who are sensitive and responsive to children.
- Opportunities for active play—especially outdoors.
- Opportunities for quiet play and rest.
- Opportunities for developing motor, social, language, and cognitive skills through play.
- Positive interactions with adults.
- Practices that support positive interaction amongst children.
- Facilitation of emotional growth.
- Participation of, support for, and communication with parents.
- Respect for diversity and difference, gender equality, and inclusion of children with disabilities.
High quality child care is generally understood to have:
- Broad learning and development goals for children, going beyond narrow academic aims like early literacy and numeracy to social, emotional, cultural, artistic, and physical goals.
- An approach that “lets children be children,” which means learning through play and experiencing a wide range of artistic, cultural, cognitive, social, and physical activities.