CHILD CARE RESOURCE & REFERRAL (CCR&R)
Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) serves as the "front door" to all services offered by ELCPBC. In accordance with state and federal regulations, we help individuals requesting assistance with locating child care and provide them with information, consumer education and community resources that will help them make informed decisions regarding child care.
For parents looking for child care in Palm Beach County, the Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County (ELCPBC) offers free, unbiased, personalized, and confidential information on child care programs and providers in the area. We provide so much more than child care information and early learning resources!
If you are looking for financial assistance for child care, please visit the link to our School Readiness program. We also invite you to please give us a call at 561.514.3300 for a one-on-one needs assessment where our multilingual team can assist and/or provide you with more helpful information. Our Family Resource (Child Care Resource & Referral) Team is available to assist you Monday to Thursday from 8:00am to 5:30pm and Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
Choosing Quality Child Care Educational Resources
- Customized Provider Listings
- Quality Indicators and Types of Care
- Licensing Information
- Abuse Hotline Information
Our Programs and Services
- School Readiness Financial Assistance
- FREE Voluntary Prekindergarten
- Early Head Start Child Care Partnership
- Children's Services Council (CSC) Scholarships
ELC Family Resources and Other Community Resources
- School-Age Scholarships & Supports
- Emergency Child Care Assistance
- School District of PBC, Teenage Parent Program
- Refugee Services and Resources
- Relative Caregiver Supports
- Family Coaching
- Early Care and Education Resources
- Special Needs Assistance and Support Groups
- Cash Assistance Information
- Resources for Child Care Providers
- All Other Community Resources (click here for a PDF list) such as:
- Health Care Assistance
GENERAL TIPS FOR EVALUATING CHILD CARE PROGRAMS
The overall elements of child care that are identified as critical to the well-being of children include the following:
- Health, safety, and good hygiene.
- Good nutrition.
- A well-maintained environment set up for children.
- An adequate number of staff who are sensitive and responsive to children.
- Opportunities for active play—especially outdoors.
- Opportunities for quiet play and rest.
- Opportunities for developing motor, social, language, and cognitive skills through play.
- Positive interactions with adults.
- Practices that support positive interaction amongst children.
- Facilitation of emotional growth.
- Participation of, support for, and communication with parents.
- Respect for diversity and difference, gender equality, and inclusion of children with disabilities.
High quality child care is generally understood to have:
- Broad learning and development goals for children, going beyond narrow academic aims like early literacy and numeracy to social, emotional, cultural, artistic, and physical goals.
- An approach that “lets children be children,” which means learning through play and experiencing a wide range of artistic, cultural, cognitive, social, and physical activities.
Click Here for the Preschool Quality Indicators